Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Christmas Theme






I change my theme every year for Christmas. I consider it one of my gifts, so I don't worry about spending a little money on new decor each year. This year I wont have to spend much as I have accumulated some of it over the years. This years theme will be "A Tartan Christmas"
Our family has a few tartans in our history, and my flower girl wore a kilt in my wedding. All tartans are plaids, but not all plaids are tartans. It has to have a familial history and symetry of design to be a tartan. The great thing about them is that they don't all have to match. Layering various ones together creates a new synergy. The designs never really leave fashion or decor, they just get reinvented, as in the new Coach tartan bags and accessories.
The books are available from Amazon. Jeffrey Banks is well known for his tartan designs in fashion and now home decor. His new line is available on HSN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment