Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Tale of Two Worlds-Part I













I physically live in a modern world with clean lines and careful editing. Spending hours in MOMA, NYC is a must. I decorate my house with major influences from Danish Modern design and I love the late 1950'-early 1960's. I feel that it works for our family and that it is timeless.

The pictures are from my downstairs hallway and formal dining room. The drapes are silk, the wood is cherry, the rug is Kashmir and signed by the family. The serigraph is a Barbara Hepworth. I painted all my hallways a museum grey, and the dining room a stormy blue in the same mid tone. Most people do not perceive the colour shift, but they always notice the walls and comment. I loosely call my style "Modern Masculine." I carefully planned the house for one year, and shopped for 4 months while it was being built.

1 comment:

  1. I love how your house is decorated...it's a little glimps into the mind of Velvet....Perfection.

    ReplyDelete